Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

new radio

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 12:37 AM
b35853
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new radio

My grand boys are wanting to
learn to fly, I'm trying to figure out
what radio system to buy. I like
Futaba equipment, I have 2 systems
already and have had good service out of
both. I want a Futaba four channel radio with trainer. I got 3 boys and each one
wants his own plane. So, I got to buy
Transmitter/trainer and the 3 flight
packages. Which radio will be my best
way to go. Any and all suggestions
welcomed.
Old 08-26-2003, 02:10 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default new radio

Check out the Hitec Eclipse with the Spectra module. You can program up to 7 different models as well as drive either positive or negative shift receivers (this covers almost all brands of FM PPM receivers in the Uninted States.)
Old 08-27-2003, 03:01 AM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

Default new radio

But if each want shis own system. I like the HiTEc laser more then the Futaba Skysport. The Laser has EPA on the throttle (pretty handy).
Old 08-27-2003, 10:10 AM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

Default new radio

New Friend says he likes Futabas so I'll stay with that.

NF,
Since you have to buy two systems for the grandkids, I'd say to look at capable used radios rather than new basic radios. That way, you won't have a huge layout of cash if they don't stay in the hobby, and if they do, they won't have to upgrade very soon.

I'm probably sounding kind of mercenary here, but I have just this month retired my like new Futaba Super 7's, computer radios that have 4 model memories and all the programming features your gk's could possible want.
They're in really good condition (I baby my stuff) with newer 800mah batteries. The only thing is that all I want to sell is the TX's and RX's that come with them because all the servo's are in planes. But at $125 for each TX/RX pair, I think you can't go wrong. You might do a Google search on "Futaba Super 7" if you want to get more information on what these radios do. (Note: They're both PCM/PPM selectable).
Email me personally if you're interested.
At first, I was going to keep one of them as back up for my new whizbang radio but it's working well so I have decided to let both of the Super 7's go.

Highflight