Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Multiplex fimrware update

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 10:28 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Multiplex fimrware update

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how the firmware update function works on the Multiplex radios?

I assume that your PC gets the firmware update package from the internet, then you plug a cable between the PC and the radio, and then run an application on the PC that updates the firmware? Is this correct?

And what port is used on the PC? Is it USB? Are any other features available through this interface (model memory storage, graphical radio programming, etc)

Thanks in advance,
Old 08-02-2004, 11:04 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Multiplex fimrware update

You need the Multiplex data manager software on your PC, which you download free from the Mpx website. You need a cable to connect the Evo to the PC serial port, though I have heard of someone doing a USB conversion. The cable you pay for from multiplex. Then when the new Tx software is placed on the mpx website you just download it to your PC, and use the upgrade function in the data manager software to send it to your Evo.

The data manager also allows you to make back-ups of the model memories, and restore them to the Tx. Because of the Evo's program structure, you can only back-up and restore the whole memory set, not an individual model. Say you fill all 20 or 36 memories on the Tx, you back-up the whole set to your PC, delete all models on the Tx and you have a fresh set of memories to work with. Should you need to use one of the models in the backed-up set, just restore it to the Tx (after backing up the current set of course!)

Models can then also be sent by email to other users. The back-up creates a file which can be attached to email. One person had program problems he couldn't solve so he sent me his back-up file. I backed up my Evo and restored his model set onto the Evo and worked out what his problem was. Then I restored my model set back to the Evo.

H
Old 08-02-2004, 02:19 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Multiplex fimrware update

Thanks for the feedback,

Yes there are several USB to serial converters on the market. Serial is being dropped rapidly from most computers, almost no new computers have it now as standard equipment.