Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

radio

Old 09-05-2003, 02:57 PM
miranda
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio

my husbands wants for christmas a funtana well he has 5 or 6 airplanes and helicopter do they have a radio that you can program both and multi airplanes. I saw one at a show that we went to in mechansville but I am not sure were to start. I am beginning to fly so this is still new to me.

thanks
Old 09-05-2003, 06:09 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Default radio

The best buy I think is the Futaba 9CAP. It will fly 8 models with expantion for more and you can get one for about $400. For $400. all you get is the radio and reciever, but like I said in the other post he needs better servos anyway. Later daveo
Old 09-08-2003, 01:54 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: radio

welcome miranda! nice to see another lady pilot here.

there are MANY radios that can support multiple airplanes and both air and heli in one radio. there's lots of questoins that can help us help you make a decision...

1. what brand does he fly now? you will want to consider whether or not you need to stay with the same brand to be able to continue to use the receiver(s) he has now, or if you're going to sell of his brand x stuff to go to your new choice, brand y.

2.what price range are you looking in?
3. have you tried checking locally for used equipment, which may be less expensive?
4. how complicated are the airplanes he is flying/looking to fly? if he is looking to fly 6+ channel models or complex aerobatic or other types of planes, then a higher end radio such as the 9C may be something he is going to need anyway, and buying a radio inbetween will just be a waste of resources.

have a great day!
Old 09-10-2003, 11:33 AM
SwampFlier-RCU

Default RE: radio

Other alternatives:

Airtronics RD6000 or RD 8000 can handle both planes and helis, and multiple setups.. easy to program

Hitec Eclipse 7 with Spectra module also can handle planes and helis and with the spectra it can use different channels (frecuencies) so it may help if he has multiple channels in his other planes

P.S. what do your other husbands do... just kidding
Old 09-10-2003, 04:08 PM
edge_fanatic
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: radio - amcross

Miranda....

I'm not certain if you are asking about whether a given radio is needed for that type of airplane? Maybe hubby desires the airplane, maybe a motor, etc. and doesn't need the new radio because he already has a few that he loves?

If a radio is desired, AnnMarie asks some very good questions...I urge you to answer those questions prior to making a choice.

If you get certain answers and need more help, come back here and ask more.

Nice of you to be looking for this kind of present...

--Sean