Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Antenna routing and metal control rods?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2002, 02:54 PM
jerryj39
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Antenna routing and metal control rods?

I have just finished building a Sig mid-star 40 for my second plane. I routed the antenna through the fuselage and exited near the tail. Now I notice that the antenna wire runs next to a metal control rod within 1/2 inch of it. Should I reroute the antenna or is it nothing to worry about? How far should it be from metal control rods?
Old 07-23-2002, 05:23 PM
jimcork1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Range Check

The real method to answer this question is to do a range check with the engine off,, and engine running. Check it according to the mfg and radio type you fly. If this is ok,, you should be able to fly.

If you don't get the range required.,, then just move the antenna and see if it goes to the correct range. If the range gets better w/ antenna moved then you might have to relocate.

I assume this is glow and not spark ignition..

Jim