Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

GLITCHING!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 07:09 PM
Hank68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GLITCHING!!!

Okay,here's my situation.Last year I built a 33% Katana.I got 10 flights on it at the end of the season.Great flying plane.My problem is,over the winter,I put all Hitec 5945's throughout the plane.Before it had 945's on it.Decided to go digital.I have 2 per aileron.1 on each elevator half and 2 on a floating bell crank for rudder.I have a 645 on throttle.
When I first tested it out last year.I had a glitch with the motor running (DA 100) that ended up being the batteries for the receivers to close to the ignition.Moved them back a little and problem solved.Now with the new servos.I am glitching like crazy at about 100 feet away without the motor even running.We have tried everything we can think of with no success.Could anyone give me some ideas.And please do not tell me it's because of the Hitec servos.I have never had a problem with them in the 4 years I have been using them.Thank you in advance.

Hank
Old 07-05-2004, 07:34 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: GLITCHING!!!

Are you using heavy duty extentions and wiring? (22AWG)
To get rid of my problem, I had the servo pigtail replace with a longer pigtail that was the 36 inches in length. THis fixed my problems.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:53 PM
Hank68

I am using all heavy duty extensions with gold connectors.I tried unplugging them one by one with no success.It's driving me nuts.I really want to fly this plane.I don't have this problem with any of my other planes.I even tried different receivers.I just doesn't make any sense to me.All of my extensions are store bought,so I ordered some heavy duty braided wire and connecters and will try making my own.

Hank
Old 07-06-2004, 05:39 AM
Geistware

I had 5975 servos into a futaba receiver.
The longer tails helped me.
It would either oscillate or just not move as if it was in fail safe.
Old 07-07-2004, 02:59 PM
carlbecker
My Feedback: (3)

I have read that to much current draw through the reciever bus can cause glitches. Maybe an isolator would cure the problem.

Carl
Old 07-07-2004, 05:13 PM
Hank68

I am running dual receivers for that very reason.All I can think of is that when I switched to the digital servos,I gave each aileron servo it's own lead(2 per side) for programming ease.It would only glitch when the wings are on the plane.I just received the wire and ends I ordered and I'm in the process of changing everything out.I'm switching the ailerons back to a single lead with a built in y-harness.This is how I had it set up with the 945's,and no glitch.I hope this works because I am baffled beyond this point.Thanks for the input.

Hank
Old 07-07-2004, 05:17 PM
Lynx

This might seem a bit unorthodoxed, and I'm not sure it will help. But putting extremely low value capacitors (Ceramic) between the ground and signal lines on a servo may help the problem, depending on exactly what's causing it. Digital and Analog servos's terminate their signal wires differently which is why so many people have trouble with Digital servo's, the input impedence on a digital servo is much much higher than an analog so it's more susceptable to things like static and just random stray voltages. Changing your receiver may work as well. Mixing a lot of digital servo's with reciever not designed specifically with digital servo's in mind can cause problems like that.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Geistware

Let us know how it works!
Old 07-08-2004, 10:13 AM
Hank68

Okay.Update
I replaced all of my extensions with the ones that I made up using 22 AWG twisted wire.I also made the aileron extensions longer so I could plug them directly into the receivers.I can get a little over 100 feet away before I get any kind of glitch.This is just tiny movement.I am doing all of this with the antenna collapsed on my transmitter.I am using Hitec receivers by the way.I switched them out for some Futaba receivers and it got worse.I thought it might be better since my transmitter is a 9C.I will keep trying to figure this out.It's killing me because it's beautiful weather here.

Hank
Old 07-08-2004, 10:51 AM
Geistware

Remember, your range will be shorter with a Futaba RX than any other.
You will get the best range from a JR RX.

ORIGINAL: Hank68

Okay.Update
I replaced all of my extensions with the ones that I made up using 22 AWG twisted wire.I also made the aileron extensions longer so I could plug them directly into the receivers.I can get a little over 100 feet away before I get any kind of glitch.This is just tiny movement.I am doing all of this with the antenna collapsed on my transmitter.I am using Hitec receivers by the way.I switched them out for some Futaba receivers and it got worse.I thought it might be better since my transmitter is a 9C.I will keep trying to figure this out.It's killing me because it's beautiful weather here.

Hank
Old 08-05-2004, 06:39 PM
SHARKMODELS
My Feedback: (33)

i had the same problem. i had a loose crystal in the receiver.