Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

stripped hs 81mg need stronger

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 10:08 AM
buildflycrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stripped hs 81mg need stronger

I have a .25 size profile (Taco). I fly it very hard. i have stripped out the hs81mg and a few Blue bird servos 380mg.

Is there a stronger gear servo in the same size case
thanks for your replys
Scott B
Old 08-09-2004, 03:28 PM
XJet
Banned

Default RE: stripped hs 81mg need stronger

Don't let the torque figures fool you -- the HS81MG, for all its merits, is still a *micro* servo and you'd be much better off with something like the HS225MG or even an HS425BB in a .25-sized ship.

I wish servo manufacturers (and buyers) would stop focusing on *maximum* torque and pay more attention to the fact that most modern servos will self-destruct if used in an aircraft that regularly forces them to near their limits.

I use the HS81s on my 1/2A planes and they're brilliant -- very fast and extremely powerful. However, I use bigger servos on bigger and faster planes.

Horses for courses.
Old 08-09-2004, 04:39 PM
buildflycrash

Default RE: stripped hs 81mg need stronger

i do have some 225s in my 40 size plane but they are kind of big for this plane. I dont think they will fit in the wing bay (Profile plane).