Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

crystals question

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 09:25 PM
Tbanister
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crystals question

Soooooo....... if I have a Hitec 8 channel supreme receiver for a JR radio (3600) and someone is selling a receiver on the channel I need that is made for that hitec dual conversion receiver, does it matter if I have the JR version or the futaba version of a receiver? Another words does the "sift" matter when it comes to the crystal. As long as the crystal is made for a hitec dual conversion receiver.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:40 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: crystals question

I'm not aware of any manufacturer restriction for Hitec receivers... I've never been asked if I want a Futaba compatible crystal.. I just ask for a Hitec channel 46.
But I have zero experince with anything but Futaba and Hitec.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:36 AM
Primodus
My Feedback: (56)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The crystal will work in either shift. It's the Rx itself that is tuned to either positive or negative shift, hence the different Hitec Rx's available for JR/Air or Fut/Hitec.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:55 PM
britbrat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Hitec receiver has a plug that is used to switch from pos to neg shift, & vice versa.