Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Firmware for Royal Evo 9 & 12 !!!

Old 02-06-2004, 02:31 PM
TopQuark
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Firmware for Royal Evo 9 & 12 !!!

I'm spreading the word about the latest evo firmware I've put together, N.26 (unofficial) that supports both negative-shift and positive-shift encoding for ALL Evo9/12 xmitters including synthesizer-equipped units. So far the feedback has been great.

Here's my original post (#958):
[link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=154635&perpage=15&pagenumber=64]RCGroups Royal Evo Thread[/link]
Old 08-08-2004, 11:12 AM
rflansbx

Default RE: New Firmware for Royal Evo 9 & 12 !!!

Have you any new information to regarding the Official Firmware Upgrade. What's being fixed besides the modulation shift option. Seems a bit weird that 6 months have gone by since you posting and no joy on the arrival of the upgrade.
Old 08-08-2004, 01:46 PM
daven

I agree,

the positive/negative shift option is the ONLY think holding me up from trying one of these.
Old 08-08-2004, 04:18 PM
rflansbx

Dave
If that's all that's holding you up go to the Multiplexusa Data site and down load the Data Manager soft ware. Buy a PC ot Transmitter adapter cable. There's a thread on the forum for a source on the east coast. The originator of this thread (TOPQuark)has posted a firmware upgrade that was posted on the German Multiplex web site for a while. Down load the firmware and you have pos. or neg shift on your evo 9 or 12. I've been using it for about 5 months. Works great. I'm interested in other upgrades that they might have incorporated.

One other thing that I've found using the EVO 9 regards expo. Set your max throws of the control surfaces in the Servo Calibrate menu and then set low rate in the controls menu. This will give you more Expo than if you set the high rates and the low rates in the Control menu. Even when you do this you will have to use more expo than the 9C as an example. About 20% more to get the same feel. No big deal but is will save you a time in setting up control feel.

Also take advantage of the feature that let's you turn the right hand stick so the you don't have elevator input throw when you move the aileron. Really a great feature. You also have infinite control over the pressure you put on the stick to move them. They even send a little trox screwdriver inside the transmitter to adjust them.

Sorry to run on so much. But I think that Multiplex has developed a wonderful piece of RC equipment.

On last thing that is not advertised. The battery in the transmitter last several hours between charges.

Bob;
Old 08-09-2004, 12:43 PM
Bob101

I"m wanting a Multiplex but this has really left a bad taste in my mouth. One of the "bonuses" was that they could patch bugs quickly.

How long now have people been waiting to get a fix to the shift select? How long have people been waiting for a fix for having the same expo across all flight modes.

I can't see how they missed both of those to begin with, but to take more than a week to fix seems odd.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:15 PM
HarryC

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Those are not bugs, and therefore they do not require a fast fix. In fact they don't need fixing at all, any more than JR and Futaba need fixing in the USA to be compatible with one another. They are user requests, not fixes, and Multiplex will get around to them as fast as it sees a commercial need to. Right now it can't make Evos fast enough to satisfy existing demand so there is no need for them to stoke up demand even further. The upgrade with shift select is with several users for testing and Multiplex will release it once they are satisfied that it works properly. It is not a 5 minute job to add in. The synthesiser and channel check and user confirmation of channel change all have to be sequenced around it, the last time they tried it with ver 1.26beta it skipped the channel confirmation and was therefore a safety issue. Mpx will want to ensure that the final version has been thoroughly tested to prevent hiccups like that happening again.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:28 PM
canavanbob
My Feedback: (20)

It's not a bug it's hiccup!
Old 08-09-2004, 07:03 PM
Bob101

I'm sorry, but if not having expo changable between flight modes is not a bug - then it's called crappy design.

You can slide shift select as in a "non included feature" that's gonna be added in - but who makes a modern radio where your stuck with the same expo across low rates/high rates in a dual rate setup and across flight modes in a radio that's capable of it?

If you say they don't need fixing then I guess they don't need fixing, but look on these boards and see how many people have mentioned the expo deal as being the number one reason they're waiting to buy one.

But thanks for posting I think you answered my question, I'm gonna look elsewhere.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:04 PM
CDignition
My Feedback: (9)

IF you want all those nice features and more, think Profi 4000... GEt out your wallet,lol...
Old 08-10-2004, 02:43 AM
HarryC

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bob101

I'm sorry, but if not having expo changable between flight modes is not a bug - then it's called crappy design.
I agree completely that expo per mode should have been designed in, but the lack of it is not a bug. Bugs are software errors that make it do something it was not intended to do. Fixing it requires that something is wrong that needs to be fixed, which again there isn't because the program does what it was designed to do.

I have heard from a good source that Mpx has taken on board the criticism of the expo per mode and intends to change the software to include it. However it requires a major re-write of the software and should not be expected soon. In the meantime some users have got around it by using offset mixing to give a crude form of expo, per mode.

H.