Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

What Servos Are U Using in GP Christen Eagle II

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 11:43 AM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What Servos Are U Using in GP Christen Eagle II

The post is in response to a question I got from the Hitec rep when I complained that my Hitec HS-5475 servos were not holding up in my airplane.

I have had a total of 5 Hitec HS-5475s strip their gears in normal flight. Is this plane under-spec'd by Great Plains?

What are you all using for airlon servos in either the GP Christen Eagle II or the GP Pitts, very similar airplane?
Old 08-08-2004, 09:10 PM
blkbird68
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What Servos Are U Using in GP Christen Eagle II

GP Christen Eagle powered by a DA-50 with airtronics 94757's in the tail and 94755's on the ailerons. The 94755's are close to the 5475's in torque rating...

If you have much of an engine on it I would say you need something stronger on the tail (IMO). But the 5475's should be plenty for the ailerons.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:40 AM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What Servos Are U Using in GP Christen Eagle II

According to Hitec's rating for the HS-5475 they should be more than adequate for the Christen Eagle II. Unfortunately, they are not holding up and I haven't even wrung out the airplane yet. My guess is the gears are failing from vibration, not torque. They are all failing around the neutral points, most with just one tooth on the shaft gear right at neutral.