RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Royal Evo Mix help please.

Old 08-10-2004, 07:46 AM
ozextra62

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Royal Evo Mix help please.

I have just set up an aileron mixer for 3D flight. I have ele-tr, non symmetrical, on two inputs (for flap and harrier type mixing), rudder - tr, non symmetrical (for knife edge rollcoupling correction) and spoiler for spoilerons in a landing phase.
It all works fine except that with rudder input both the ailerons move in the same direction. I know it is probably something really simple.

Thanks.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:47 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Royal Evo Mix help please.

For some reason best known to only themselves, Multiplex decided that if the input is rudder -tr then ailerons will move together like flaps, and if rudder is with trim then ailerons will move in opposite directions as ailerons should. So your input should be normal rudder. The rest of us also think it should be rudder -tr!

H
Old 08-10-2004, 05:44 PM
ozextra62

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks Harry.
I thought it would be something simple, but I would not have worked that one out. Still, it is a great radio.

One other thing you might be able to advise me on. I have to help someone setup a new twin turbine model using an Evo 12. The main problem is that we need to be able to throttle each engine individually for the start up procedure then obviously throttle them together for flight. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:37 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You can use a switch to go between both engines work from the throttle stick, and left engine works from throttle and right engine works from a slider.

Assign AUX1 to a slider. There might be surplus THROTTLE1 THROTTLE2 controls to assign instead of AUX1, I can’t remember since its been a few months since I had my hands on an Evo.

Create a throttle mixer with inputs Throttle and AUX1. I suggest AUX1 input is asymmetrical. Both inputs should be assigned to a 2 position switch, assigned so that the Throttle input is ON when the switch is in one position and AUX1 is on when the switch is in the other position.

Assign left engine servo direct to the throttle control, not to the mixer. Assign right engine servo to the throttle mixer.

The left engine will always work from the throttle stick. The right engine will work from the stick or from the slider depending which way you set the switch.

H.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:03 AM
ozextra62

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks Harry.

Fly Multiplex!!