Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Changing TX battery in my Futaba T6XAS

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 07:45 AM
MR G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing TX battery in my Futaba T6XAS

I have been using my Futaba T6 Transmitter for about 5 years and now realize that the original 600 mah batteries are not holding the capacitance they once did. I maybe can get 4 flight before I must recharge.

My question is this, when I pull the battery out of my T6XAS will the settings I have stored for all of my airplanes be lost?

This transmitter has a 6 model capacity and I have all of the models used. I would prefer not to have to reset and retrim all of my airplanes, but if I must, I will.

BTW, I am replacing the original 600mah nicad with 1650mah NiMh, I should be able to fly all day without recharging.

Thanks for any information anyone can provide.

MR G
Old 08-12-2004, 10:29 AM
kpunisher_2000
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Changing TX battery in my Futaba T6XAS

Mr. G

I have the same radio, and I regularly cycle my transmitter battery by taking it out of the transmitter case (futaba radios have the diode protection so you can't discharge the batteries while they are in the transmitter). I do not loose any of the settings for the planes I use the radio with when I remove the battery. Hope that helps