Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Just switched from Futaba to JR 10x....help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 11:15 PM
nyrcpilot
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just switched from Futaba to JR 10x....help!

I just switched from a Futaba 9C to a JR10x and have some questions.

On my futaba I had the upper right switch doing my low/3d rates, all surfaces on one switch, is this possible on the 10x ( please let it be so!) and if so where should I look in the instruction manual?

Can I set different end points or ATV for each direction of the servo? Example...on my 40% plane I run more down elevator than up, I can't seem to make this happen with the 10x, the end point is changing for both directions.

WTH is zpcm and spcm?

What is the best non-pcm JR receiver for my smaller planes?

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2004, 10:00 AM
spuck5644

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Just switched from Futaba to JR 10x....help!

I suggest you contact Danny Snyder at Horizon. (He has a running thread on RCU - "Ask Danny"). I'm sure he can help you.
or go to the website for further contact info:
www.horizonhobby.com

Steve
AKA: Pops
Old 08-17-2004, 12:11 PM
J Lachowski
My Feedback: (46)

Spcm is 1024 resolution.I believe Z is 512. You will be using spcm with the newer receivers.

There is a little icon in the middle top of the ATV screen that allows you to either have both ATV's changing simultaneously or individually. It is defaulted to changing simultaneously.

I personally use 955S Rx's for everything although I just ordered a 610M Rx for a 3D foamy I just ordered.

Having all surfaces simultanously on one rate switch is possible. Just haven't looked into doing it. Can't tell you how to do it off the top of my head. I guess you would just redesignate all your rates to the same switch.

I just switched over to the JR 10X from the Futaba 9 WC II this year. I am learning new things every day. Both radios work well. Each has its own pluses and minuses. Reason I switched is that I have been using mostly JR servos before the switch and the price for a new 10X was right when someone else in the family is a Team JR member.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:14 PM
Crash90
My Feedback: (17)

Can you use JR servos with a futaba radio?
Old 08-17-2004, 12:52 PM
WilsonFlyer
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Crash90

Can you use JR servos with a futaba radio?
Yes. Absolutely.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:21 PM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: lgodin-RCU

I just switched from a Futaba 9C to a JR10x and have some questions.

On my futaba I had the upper right switch doing my low/3d rates, all surfaces on one switch, is this possible on the 10x ( please let it be so!) and if so where should I look in the instruction manual?

Can I set different end points or ATV for each direction of the servo? Example...on my 40% plane I run more down elevator than up, I can't seem to make this happen with the 10x, the end point is changing for both directions.

WTH is zpcm and spcm?

What is the best non-pcm JR receiver for my smaller planes?

Thanks!

Welcome to the 10X!! You won't be disappointed !

1> You can switch all surfaces with one switch - you have to set up "flight modes" to do it. Very easy to do even easier than with the FUT. When setting up the flight modes you would tie the mode switching to the Elev channel (rt side switch) I prefer the aileron channer (left side). The manual is very good at explaining it - you basically choose one channel and you get access to multiple flight modes.

2> You can easily set up differential, expo, and just about anything you can dream up. You can even adjust servo speed.. So YES

3> ZPCM was the first generation PCM. ZPCM has half the resolution as SPCM. All new JR Receivers are SPCM, so your 955 is SPCM only. You basically will use SPCM or PPM on the 10X. The only reason they threw in ZPCM is that some people have old PCM receivers and they wanted backward compatibility.

DP