RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Question of Law - HELP!

Old 08-18-2004, 07:04 AM
ClemenTang

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Question of Law - HELP!

Kung Hei Fat Choi,

2 RC folks here in Hong Kong got busted by the authorities last month for illegal ownership of RC Transmitters. While fellow RCer's are fighting for relaxation, it appears that there're also laws in some European countries limiting TX power (ERP they call it) to 100mW. The authorities are making reference to that rather than the Fut/JR manual, which doesn't seem to make sense so if we're missing out something here PLEASE FILL US IN. That would be GREAT HELP to the RC community here and we'll all thank you.

Clement
Old 08-18-2004, 07:32 PM
CP140

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Question of Law - HELP!

And a "Happy New Year" to you too... although you're several months late I believe...As for "illegal" transmitters... what is legal in another country probably doesn't have much influence on what is "legal" in Hong Kong...as far as the authorities there are concerned. How they define radiated power is up to them.... whether it is ERP (effective radiated power?) or peak power or even RMS (if there is such a thing).

Exactly why your local authorities are making reference to laws in Europe and using them as the basis for laws in Hong Kong is beyond me.