Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Cystals

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 02:15 PM
raideron
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cystals

Hi all,

I have recievers thats on 23 and 51... Can I change the 51 cystal
to a 23??? Or is it too far apart...

One more question.. I have a RD 8000 Air. trans... I saw a deal
for I think was an Hitec, But maybe it was JR reciever.. Will this
work with my radio.. Or do you have to stick to the Radio brand?
I guess you can use different servos as long as the shift is the
same?

Thanks for any info
Old 08-22-2004, 02:58 PM
CP140

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cystals

Changing crystals... that depends. Futaba "splits" their receivers into high and low and, I think, recommends that you only change frequencies within the high/low band.

Airtronics lets you get away with changing to any channel you want (within the 72MHz band obviously). Just do a range check and you should be OK.

As for brands of receivers...as long as it is on the same channel and NOT PCM, your transmitter can control it. JR and Airtronics are both +ve shift and Futaba, Hitec are -ve shift....

Having said that, you can control a futaba receiver with your RD8000 by going into the etc menu and changing to PPM INV. It will only affect the settings for that particular model, so you can fly a mix of receivers just by selecting the appropriate model