RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Second radio for plain

Old 08-22-2004, 10:44 PM
rob6894
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Second radio for plain

I am looking to get a new radio and I would like to get one that I can grow with. I am also interested in a system that I can change channels and that will scan to see if anyone is using the Chanel I am on. I see 2 systems that can do this the evo and the tracker II. I like the evo but it is a bit too much $$. The tracker II with the latest updates sound good (looks ugly) and is the right price. My concern with this system is I have never heard of the company that makes it and I have no Idea how long they will be around? What do owners of this system think. I hear they are coming out with a new case design is this true? and when? are their any other systems that have the scanner feature that I should consider. In regards to the evo Were can I find this under $500. I just think the evo is over kill for me.

I was also considering geting the new hi-tech optic 6 with spectra and a seeker reciever. But I would really like channel scanning feture found in the tracker 2 and evo.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:12 AM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Second radio for plain

Trust your instincts about the Tracker; I had one at one time.

Yes the EVO is more expensive, but it will easily handle anything you will ever fly, and the software can be updated for free by the user any time new updates with added features comes out. That will essentially give you a brand new radio, for FREE, everytime that happens for the foreseeable future.
For that feature alone, the EVO ultimately ends up being cheaper than even the bottom of the line, $120 "beginner" transmitter.

Highflight
Old 08-27-2004, 12:46 PM
canavanbob
My Feedback: (20)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have both the Evo 12 and the Tracker II. The Evo is definitely in another class from the Tracker, but if you can get a good deal on a Tracker you might like it. As for getting a "new" radio with new programming, I don't see that as a compelling reason as Multiplex seems to have trouble just fixing the things that need fixing. If it is all the radio you will ever need, why would you even need the updates?
Old 08-27-2004, 03:30 PM
rob6894
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Bob, Actually I just bought the tracker from you and can't wait to get it.

Best,
Rob