RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

v-tail and jr xp783

Old 08-25-2004, 09:34 AM
mcharles13

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default v-tail and jr xp783

hey all, i just built a micro v-tail and i dont know how to program the mixing in my xp783. If anyone could help that would be great. I dont have the tx manual and i can't find a downloadable manual.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:51 PM
seanychen
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: v-tail and jr xp783

I will look up my manual when I get home and look. I am pretty sure there's V-tail setup. Heck, I've set-up quad flap and Delta on this radio so far.

Going by memory, you should be able to do the following:

Plug 1 tail servo into Elevator channel
Plug the other tail servo into Rudder channel
Activate a mix selecting Elevator to Rudder
Activate another mix selecting Rudder to Elevator
Adjust the direction and travel accordingly

If I forget to respond to you, just send me a PM.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:00 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It's been a while since I bought my 8103s, but off the top of my head, I think there is a V-tail setting on the Glider model type on the Model Set-up Menu.

Check and see how your throttle is going to work if you use the glider type. It may call it spoiler or something.

To use the Acro type, you need to use 2 mixes, the last 2, E & F or maybe it's D & E. The last 2 mixes have trim included. I have used this method before just to see if it worked. I took an old Duraplane and made a V-tail for it and gave it a try. It worked like a champ. You want these trimmable mixed so when you trim elevator, both sides move. The same for rudder.

Plug the right side into elevator (as I recall) and plug left side into rudder. Assuming the mixes are E & F, go to mix E and set Elev master and Rudder, slave. Mix 100% and set ON all the time.

Go to mix F and set Rudder master and Elev, slave. Mix 100% and set ON all the time.

You may have to play with reversing to get everything going the correct direction.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:27 PM
seanychen
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I looked up my manual. Here you go:

Pressing "Page Down" & "Channel" simultaneously while turning on power, then go up a few pages to go to mode selection for this model

Select "Glider"

Then press "Page Down" & "Channel" simultaneously to get out of mode selection, and then press "Page Down" & "Channel" simultaneously AGAIN to get into edit mode.

Go up or down several pages until you see "V-tail/Quad-flap"

Select V-tail

Connect the left tail servo to "Elevator" slot in the receiver

Connect the right tail servo to "Rudder" slot in the receiver

You should be all set. Note that the travel for each tail servo is automatically reduced to 75%, so in case you give simultaneous full elevator and rudder input, the maximum travel for each servo is at most 150%.

GOOD LUCK. PM me if you have any more question and I can fax you the revelent pages if necessary.