Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

PCM to FM with 9C

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 02:28 AM
cmassa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PCM to FM with 9C

I'm trying to decide whether to get a 9CAP or 9CAF. I have an older airplane with an FP-R127DF receiver. If I get the 9CAP with a 148DP receiver will I be able to switch back and forth between the two (being on the same channel) without changing modules or hardware?

Quick second question: the R127DF is on channel 35. Can I change to a lower channel number without retuning the receiver?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 07-30-2002, 03:07 AM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Default PCM to FM with 9C

First thing is yes...the 9C's are the same unit. The diff is the recievers. The 149DP(PCM receiver) comes with what they refer to as 9CAP, and the other they refer to, the 9CAF, comes with the 8channel FM receiver, which I think is noted as the 148DF. Whichever receiver you end up with...the transmitter is the same. I heard before that the 9CAF transmitters had FM set as default, all the systems I've seen with the FM receiver though had the identical transmitter to my 9CAP(I bought mine with the PCM receiver).
You can change the modulation with absolutely no problem whatsoever. I have several planes on mine now, both PCM, and FM. The only thing about when you change to a model that is different modulation then the last one, is you have to cycle power. That's it. I do recomend the PCM though, for a bit more money, it could be worth it. There are varied opinions on that though, but for most part, PCM is where to go.

The hi/low Futaba split is 11-35(low), and 36-60(high), so yes you can go lower with no problem.

Also the 9C is a modular radio, so to change the channel in that you just get another module, and that's a plug and play unit. Change channels in about 3 seconds.(them modules ain't cheap though). The mixing it offers is pretty incredible too. I'm running dual everything servos(that means all control surfaces), and it's all mixed within the transmitter. No more of those questionable "Y" harnesses. Triple rates also allow for broader set-up parameters.
I really like mine, and it's growing fast on me. I just started using it last March or so, and already it's very familiar. I did have an 8UAPS, as well as the 6XA's. The 9C is heads above those though...good value for the money. Get the PCM, you won't regret it.