Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

6xas and dual elevator servos/miracle y

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 03:06 AM
rc34074
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 6xas and dual elevator servos/miracle y

HELP!!

i have a new 6xas and for a couple of reasons i decided to put two 3004 servos on the elevator on my world gs mustang. however i want to have the trim function work on both of these servos, and i want to be able to use both rates not just the dual rate on the elevator, so i don't want to put the two servos on separate channels and use the limited mix function on the transmitter to run the elevator.

i do have a "miracle y" harness which claims to be able to reverse whichever servo you want to reverse of the two, you just plug the long lead into the servo you want to reverse. then the instructions say you adjust the trim pot on the miracle y to get both servos set the same.

my question is does this miracle y work ok? i talked to mpi and was told that there may be aproblem on futaba systems with a 6 volt battery, but that there is no problem on a 4.8 volt battery.

has anyone used a mriacle y for this kind of dual elevator servo setup? how did it work for you? any suggestions/comments?

thanks

ed
Old 08-01-2002, 10:46 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ed, This is a very common process, lots of people do. You can also purchase Futaba's SR10, which is a reversing y-harness with a trim adjustment on the unit. Work's superbly.

PS: it really shouldn't matter which your reverse---if they are now both backwards, just use servo reversing in the radio, or just unplug and replug on the other side?
Old 08-02-2002, 02:19 AM
rc34074
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

okey- dokey am - thanks again.

ed

friday- well i tried the miracle y. fortunately i did it on the bench. this thing must have a circuit problem, and a dirty potentiometer.

what happened is i plugged a 3004 servo into each lead from the miracle y, and when i operated the elevator one servo wouild travel both ways just fine, but the other servo would only travel one way from center!! so i switched servos and the same thing happened- except of course the servo that had 1/2 travel was the opposite servo. sooo- guess i won't fly this plane until i get a better y.

oh, by the way- when i tried the potentiometer to set both servos to the same position, the servo being adjusted jumped all around. when i stopped adjusting in some positions the servo would calm down and seem ok, but when i stopped adjusting in some other positions it would keep jumping around.

so- i am not sure what is wrong but i may send it to mpi. not sure its worth the hassle though.

just thought i would let you all know what happened.

ed