Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9C Question

Old 09-02-2004, 12:35 PM
CrashBurn69
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9C Question

I am buying a 9CAP, do I need a modual for it to work with a FM reciever? I do not have PCM in my other planes, but I want to use this radio for everything, but I want to put the PCM in a new plane I am getting.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:46 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: 9C Question

Yes you will need a module.
Try to get one with the transmitter
ORIGINAL: CrashBurn69

I am buying a 9CAP, do I need a modual for it to work with a FM reciever? I do not have PCM in my other planes, but I want to use this radio for everything, but I want to put the PCM in a new plane I am getting.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:46 PM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

Just buy a FM modual on the desired freq. you are useing in all your planes. When you program the plane in the 9CAP and you wil be useing a FM reciever, the 9C will have to be set up for PPM. If you have a plane you want to fly in PCM you will need a PCM reciever that matches the same Freq. as the modual you have in the 9C and program the plae for PCM. So buy one modual that matches your other planes and you will be able to program your radio so it will work with your old planes and even your new ones.
Thats one of the great fetures of the Futaba 9CAP Radio.
NEDYOB
Old 09-02-2004, 01:10 PM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

To echo what was said above, the Module that plugs into the 9C is not what determines PCM or PPM. That is done when programming your plane. Just make sure it's the same channel as your RX ('s)
Old 09-02-2004, 02:35 PM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NOTE: When you set up your airplane initially, PPM is normally the default and you don't need to do anything special. If your airplane is PCM you have to go to the PARAMETER menu and cycle the PPM to PCM. PCM will not become active untill you then cycle your TX power switch (off-then-on)

If you end up with both PPM and PCM airplanes you need to remember to reset the PARAMETER setting on your programmed model because you have to cycle power on the TX when switching it from PPM to PCM and vice versa.

Example:

1) You set your TX to model #1 and it is a PPM model. After flying you turn your TX off.

2) You turn you TX on and reset the model to #2. This model is a PCM. Right after select model #2 you then have to turn your TX off and then back on to reset it from PPM to PCM.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:46 AM
CrashBurn69
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the info. I did order my gear on the same channel, as my other planes.