Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Flash 5 Memory Battery

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 03:02 PM
PigHeaded
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Flash 5 Memory Battery

Hello,

Does anyone know where to get a replacement battery for the internal memory on a Hitec Flash 5 radio. I was given the radio because it would not hold onto any adjustments once the radio was turned off. The guy who gave it to me had open up the case and there appeared to be a "waffle" type battery in a round holder. I am trying to see if this can be replaced.

Thank you,

Jerry
Old 09-02-2004, 09:06 PM
Crash Master

Default RE: Hitec Flash 5 Memory Battery

Have you tried contacting Hitec? You might have to send it in to them for a replacement battery.

Just a thought,
Old 09-04-2004, 06:51 AM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if it's in a holder and not soldered in place then take it out and go shopping. most likely a 3 volt lithium of one of the standard sizes.

dave
Old 09-04-2004, 02:01 PM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

Why don't you post this in the Hitec forum where Mike Mayberry of Hitec will answer your question?
Old 09-05-2004, 09:01 PM
MikeSell
My Feedback: (2)

The Flash 5 doesn't autosave. You have to go to the save menu and select save or the settings will be lost when the power is turned off. The Flash 5X does autosave, that was one of the improvements. I have two flash 5 transmitters that I seldom use. When I tried to use them this year I had the same problem until I read the manuals again.
Maybe I will have problems in the future with my old Focus 4 when I can't access it model memories (oops it doesn't have any). I've become too spoiled by my Eclipse and Flash 5X.