Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 6EXA / Shift

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 10:44 PM
Arznek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 6EXA / Shift

I purchased a Futaba 6exa for my park flyers, and now I'm looking for a new micro flight pack. I've noticed some sites saying something to the tune of "Futaba / JR shift --- positive and negative". What in the world does that mean? I'm on ch25... is there any thing more I need to know about other than high or low?
Old 09-05-2004, 11:06 PM
fearlessJOE

Default RE: Futaba 6EXA / Shift

Some of the new Hitec receivers came with a small jumper wire that plugs in like a servo.
By flipping it over, you can choose what modulation you need, EX: Hitec / Futaba--JR / Air.
NOT PPM to PCM. I currently have two in service that work great, in fact, I too had the Futaba 6exa, but it recently died. So I made the leap to JR, I am still using the same Hitec receivers, they still work great, only now I can do a real range check w/o the jitters!!
Old 09-05-2004, 11:18 PM

You need negative shift. As far as high and low is concerned. That is a Futaba reciever thing and is related to the channel you are on. If you buy a Futaba reciever you will need one with both low and negative shift. Any other brand of Reciever just find the negative shift one. I fly with a Futaba 9C and use Hitec negative shift Recievers. I have never even had one glitch in the last 2 years.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:22 AM
ALbert.S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Each one of our channels is assigned to a specific frequency For instance channel 56 is 72.910
The information to move the servos is put on the "carrier frequency in this case 72.910 " For radio control use the type of modulation is FSK or the radio control people call it FM. The frequency is changed either up or down depending on which manufacturer has built the equipment. Futaba uses negative shift so the frequency moves from 72.910 to 72.905 to control the servos. JR uses positive shift so the frequency moves from 72.910 to 72.915 You must have a receiver that is set for the proper shift to respond to your transmitter even if the channel number is correct. Hitec is one company that makes a receiver that can be changed to work with either shift.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:05 PM
Arznek

That makes it very clear. Thanks a bunch everyone.