Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 8UAF Failsafe

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 03:33 PM
mnmills2
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 8UAF Failsafe

I have the Futaba 8UAF radio that I am trying the failsafe functions with. I would like my throttle to either die or pull all the way back in case of interference. I go to the FS function and arrow over to Thr. I use the - key and it is displayed in a %. Can anyone explain how to do this to me in lay mans terms??

Thanks,
Mike
Old 09-08-2004, 11:39 PM
Rick Sowell
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 8UAF Failsafe

Mike: This comes out of Don Edbergs book, you need to tell the transmitter the exact position that you want the servo to go to when interference is encountered. move the throttle stick a few clicks above idle and then press the + and - keys to set that position the number will change from the default setting of 50% to a smaller number that will be the new setting. also test this with the plane tied up start the engine and set the throttle to say 1/4 or more and then shut off the transmitter and watch you failsafe do its job. you can also move a elev. or ail. and watch it return to neutral when it kicks in. good luck. Rick.