RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

travel throws on UCD .46

Old 09-07-2004, 07:00 PM
tukkus
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default travel throws on UCD .46

i have a JR6102 radio and i'm setting it up for the first time (new radio, engine Saito .82 and plane), right now i have all the control throws at %50 and i'm wondering if i should go lower or a little higher. This is my second plane, the Hangar9 Alfa trainer was my first and now i'm ready to move on.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:13 AM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: travel throws on UCD .46

All your control throws should be at 100% and you should use the holes on the servo arm and control horn to get less throw. Set the dual rate for 50% for low rate.

When you cut the control throw down on the end point adjustment, you are reducing the resolution of the system.

I recommend some weed eater line for bracing on the stab and fin. UCD 46s at my field have had a tendency to lose the stab in flight.

Since this is your second airplane, you might not be familiar with 3D type planes. They are not designed to fly at full power in level flight or to dive at much above idle. The large control surfaces will flutter to destruction is you aren't careful. From a take off and landing standpoint, the UCD is a great 2nd airplane, but overall, it can be more work than a 4*, Sky Raider or Sporster because of the need to always watch the throttle and speed. It is not a plane to "rip" around the sky with.