Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

FMA T-80rf

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2001, 11:45 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default FMA T-80rf

I recieved a FMA T-80RF transmitter this afternoon, it's a nice little straight forward package. It's shift selectable and travel selectable at 50, 75, and 100%. Also has channel reversing and elevon mixing, I got the Nicad one, it's a good deal for $89.95. I promised Mr. Marks four years ago that if he ever produced a radio, I would be among the first to buy one and so I have kept my word. If anyone is interested I'll let you know how it works after this weekend.
Old 12-08-2001, 04:59 AM
Ed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FMA ?

Good luck with it Dave, and be sure to tell us what kind of receiver that you are using with it, and what kind of ground range test that you get with it ?

I'm sure that our visitors here will enjoy hearing about it. It's always good to hear about new gear coming on the market.

Jim Lynch - R/C Discussions Moderator
Old 06-26-2002, 04:50 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default FMA T-80RF

I finally got to try this radio out six months after I thought I would and it worked great, I range tested it at 1,100 feet with the antenna extended, I know that's not the right way. I have a Zebra Direct reciever in the plane which is a RCM 40 with a Saito .40 for power. Everyone was fascinated with "that little radio" but it worked just like a big one. The control input to control reaction was very linear. I had to remember how to set up a throttle mechanically, got spoiled you know, since this is a basic radio with elevon mixing and servo reversing not much can be said beyond the fact that it made the airplane do exactly what I wanted it to, the nicads in the radio lasted through five 10 to 15 minute flights with the light still in the green. This is my warm up plane or when I simply want to fly and relax. This radio does exactly what Mr. Marks says it will do. It's pretty neat when you can change from a $1,200 dollar to an $89.00 radio and have just as much fun and confidence.