Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Servo overshoots center and wags its way back back to center...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servo overshoots center and wags its way back back to center...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 05:42 PM
Capt Jim
My Feedback: (168)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo overshoots center and wags its way back back to center...

What is happening here? I have one servo that actually oscilates, or wags quickly, when it is abruptly returning to center. That is...from full deflection of the control surface, then quickly centering the stick, the control surface will head back to center...overshooting center by a good bit, and then come back again toward center, overshooting center again, although by less amount, and then finally after a few of these diminishing oscilations it finds center and stops. All of this oscilating or wagging takes place quite quickly...in about a second, but it is disconcerting to see it happening. I have seen this before on another plane but never knew the reason for it. Now, on my plane...I'm a bit more concerned. Any suggestions?
thanks.
Jim
Old 09-17-2004, 07:53 PM
MO_Radio_Tech

Default RE: Servo overshoots center and wags its way back back to center...

Worn pot. Pot must be replaced by the maker of the servo.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:04 PM
HavinFun
My Feedback: (4)

If you're useing servo extensions it may be a little corosion on the connectors, try cleaning the connectors or replacing the extensions. I had this same problem once, was about to replace my aileron servos & decided to try a new extension. Amazing how the simple fixits are the last thing we try.
Old 09-18-2004, 08:15 PM
Panzlflyer
My Feedback: (15)

2 times in the last week....both times extension/ wiring fault two different models one mine and one I was setting up.