Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New JR Syn Pro Radio Issue????

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 09:02 PM
seg62588

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New JR Syn Pro Radio Issue????

I just put a new radio system in my truck and it is cool as crap. The New JR PRO Syns. system, BUT, When the truck is running the throttle does not stay open even if I am holding it wide open. It pulsates and partially closes on its own. When the truck is off it functions just great. Is it possible to have some type of interference from the engine running? What in the world do I have going on? Thanks for any help!!!
Old 09-19-2004, 09:27 PM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Default New JR Syn Pro Radio Issue????

It sure does sound like interference! I'm guessing it's not electric? Do you have any metal to metal contact with throttle pushrods or anything? Is the crystal tight? Are all of the connections to the servos and receiver tight? What is the history of the servos? Have you tried another radio in the exact same vehicle? Let me know what you come up with_bob
Old 09-20-2004, 12:33 PM
Capt Jim
My Feedback: (168)

Default RE: New JR Syn Pro Radio Issue????

It sounds like Bob nailed your problem. That kind of servo performance is quite typical of a loose metel to metal connection...and it is vibrating and giving interference only when the motor is running. Check to be sure every metal to metal screw, nut, etc is very tight. Also check to see that you have not changed the stock arrangement of linkages, etc, and thereby created a metal to metal contact somewhere. Another way to locate the problem is to touch suspected components with a handy screwdriver or any other metal tool...trying to make the interference happen while the motor is not running. Curing the problem will be easy...once you locate the offending part(s).
good luck.
Jim