Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Which servos to use on Intruder?

Old 08-05-2002, 12:43 AM
rccrazy-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which servos to use on Intruder?

I'm building a World Models Intruder and am wondering which servos I should use. My aim is to practice pattern flying, and although the Intruder may not be the best plane to practice on, I already own it, so that's why Im using it.

I know that there are dozens of servos out there, but my motivation is getting quick and crisp control response. I'm using a Futaba 9CAP with 8 channel PCM receiver, and I have both 4.8 and 6.0 volt battery packs available.

On hand, I have a few Airtronics 94102's, some JR 507's and 517's, Futaba 3003's and 9202's, and a bunch of Hitec 605BB's. If I can use what I have, I'd be happy. If not, I can trade or sell these for what I need.

Well, thanks in advance for your help.

Rob
Old 08-05-2002, 04:54 AM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which servos to use on Intruder?

Hitec 545s would be a good low-cost bet. Put 'em on the three primary controls; use a basic BB servo on the throttle and you're good to go.

Futaba 9001s are a little more precise. You can get these for $30 apiece from a certain heli dealer in Taiwan...