RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Can you mix digital servos with anolog servos and a digital receiver

Old 09-21-2004, 02:28 PM
overnout
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Can you mix digital servos with anolog servos and a digital receiver

Possibly a dumb question but can you mix digital and anolog servos with a digital receiver.

For example, could you have a PCM receiver and plug JR8611's in for the elevator and analog servos for other controls (ie. retracts, nose wheel steering etc)?

I'm hoping the answer is yes [&:]
Old 09-21-2004, 02:42 PM
Flyfalcons

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Can you mix digital servos with anolog servos and a digital receiver

Yes, that's not a problem.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:01 PM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Can you mix digital servos with anolog servos and a digital receiver

All servos, whether we are talking about Digital or Analog servos, receive the exact same signal from the RX. The RX doesn't know the servo is digital or analog.

Even RX's, whether they be PPM or PCM, send the same signal to the servos.

What this means is that every cureent major brand of servos on the market are compatible with every current brand of RX on the market and all are interchangeable. You can one each Hitec, Futaba, Airtronic, JR, Tower, Hobbico, etc on the same plane and they can be a mixture of analog and digital.

NOTE: I say they are all compatible. That is true electrically. Not all connectors are compatible but it is normal practice to cut the "J" off a futable servo and turn it into a generic connector. When you hear the term generic connector they are usuall refering to JR, Airtronic Z, and Hitec. ALSO, older Airtronic servos are also compatible with current RXs but need to have the middle black and end red wires reversed. If you see an Airtronic servo with the black lead in the middle it is of the older version and needs to be cross-wired.