RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 10x Kill Switch

Old 09-21-2004, 05:13 PM
arno
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default JR 10x Kill Switch

I have been experimenting with programming a kill switch on my 10x. I need it for my P51 Mustang that has a YS 110 engine in it. I can land it with the engine running but I need to kill the engine as soon as it lands as our runway is short. I have been using the snap roll button since I can reach it easily without letting go of the rudder. So far I had to mix Aux3 with the throttle and the snap switch. It works but trying to get the correct amount of kill movement is frustrating. Does anyone out there have a better way of doing something like this. Just trying to kill the engine quickly with the throttle trim screws me up with the rudder. Thanks, Arno.[]
Old 09-22-2004, 07:01 PM
arno
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: JR 10x Kill Switch

I see a lot of interest in this subject but no solution. I can end this subject because I have found a way to make the kill switch without other controls like th Aux3 I programmed in. I found someones question about adding a switch to Aux3 without other controls and the solution was to make a Aux3 to Aux3 mix. That allowed adding the switch or button. I did not realize that kind of mix would work. So I made a Throttle to Throttle mix and added the Snap Roll button for my kill switch. My biggest problem then was learning how to set the Offset for proper operation of closing the throttle with the Snap Button. Finally I have it working. I put this here to help anyone else trying to accomplish the same.
Arno