RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

HITEC Rx twitching

Old 10-03-2004, 10:16 PM
DIYER
My Feedback: (12)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default HITEC Rx twitching

I have a HITEC FOCUS 6 transmitter that works correctly when I use it with the receiver that was packaged with the transmitter. However, when I try to use the FOCUS 6 transmitter with a HITEC Super Slim receiver (model # 29572) or a HITEC Supreme receiver (model # 23572) the servos display intermittent glitches and uncontrolled movement when the transmitter is brought close to the receiver. I sent both receivers back to HITECT for service where they were re-tuned. This re-tuning did nothing to alleviate the problem.

Can anyone explain to me what is happening and what I should do about it?
Old 10-05-2004, 08:33 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HITEC Rx twitching

Chances are the RX's are being swamped with the close proximity of the TX, this is not that uncommon. Is there a problem when you move the TX away from the model?

What model is the stock RX in use that does not react as the two mentioned above? Are all thing equal when the comparisons are made? Same servo load on the RX? Are you bench testing or are the RX's in the model?
Old 10-06-2004, 11:23 PM
DIYER
My Feedback: (12)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: HITEC Rx twitching

I have not noticed a problem when the Tx and Rx are far apart, but I have not yet flown these receivers so I have only tested them at a range of about 100 yards.

The stock Rx is an RCD 3500.

I have tested the receivers in the airplane and on the bench. I have tested them with a load of 6 JR servos and a load of one, two and three HITEC servos. I have tested them with two different batteries. The results are the same.