Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

PROBLEM WITH JR8411 SERVO SETUP

Old 09-21-2004, 10:30 PM
GOODFELLA727
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PROBLEM WITH JR8411 SERVO SETUP

OK..... I AM A NEWBY AT GIANTS WITH DIGITAL SERVOS, I HAVE JUST PURCHASED A RTF 30% CARDEN AIRCRAFT CAP 232 WITH JR 8411'S ALL THE WAY AROUND. I'M USING A FUTABA 9CAP W/ 149DP PCM RX. EVERYTHING WAS A BREEZE DURING SETUP EXCEPT THAT I CAN'T GET MY RIGHT ELEVATOR TO CENTER WITH THE STAB. I CAN CENTER IT WITH TRIM ADJUSTMENT BUT IF I MOVE THE STICK DOWN AND RELEASE, INSTEAD OF COMING BACK TO CENTER IT STOPS JUST ABOVE. (NOTE- WHEN I MOVE THE STICK UP AND RELEASE IT WORKS FINE) ALSO IF I PUT PRESSURE ON THE SURFACE IT WILL "PULL" TO CENTER. I HAVE TRIED FIXING IT WITH SUBTRIM,EPA AND SO ON. NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK. DOES THIS MEAN I HAVE A BAD SERVO OR THAT I'M JUST WAY OUT OF MY LEAGUE? ANY HELP OFFERED WOULD BE FANTASTIC. THANKS, MIKE
PS. THIS IS THE MASTER SERVO PLUGGED INTO CH.2 THE SLAVE IS IN CH.8 ALSO I'M RUNNING THIS SYSTEM ON 6VOLTS WIDE OPEN NO REGULATORS COULD THAT BE MY PROBLEM?
Old 09-22-2004, 08:18 AM
SLC
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: PROBLEM WITH JR8411 SERVO SETUP

STRIPPED SERVO GEAR?
Old 09-22-2004, 08:31 PM
MO_Radio_Tech

Swap 8411 servo with another 8411 servo elsewhere on the plane. If the problem follows the servo, you have a bad servo to send back to its maker. If the problem stays at the same place or goes away, you have (or had) a binding linkage/surface. Other possibilities are unlikely.
Old 10-03-2004, 10:28 PM
GOODFELLA727
My Feedback: (3)

thanks, i replaced the servo and fixed the problem. it will be making a trip back to horizon. i also replaced the 8411 that was on the rudder for a new 8611 man i like these servos,260 oz. of torque @6volts that should get the job done. thanks again for the advice.