RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Weird Radio Glitches?

Old 10-04-2004, 06:28 PM
BLBncsu

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Weird Radio Glitches?

I am having some weird radio glitches occuring with my RS4 3SS on-road nitro car. I have a Futaba T2PH radio, a real basic inexpensive 2-channel pistol grip radio. It seems that at random times when my car is about 30-60 feet away the car will have a mind of its own for a second. The receiver is secure and the batteries are good with no broken antennas. Any ideas on what the problem is or how to get rid of it, its scary to drive around not knowing when I could lose control (oh yes I do have a failsafe and the problem occurs with and without it installed) Thanks all for any advice!
Old 10-04-2004, 09:25 PM
speedy1379

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Weird Radio Glitches?

Try driving in a different location. You may be getting some interference.
I have a RC 10 and I get some once in a while. When I go to my friends
track it goes away. Hope this helps.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:27 PM
BLBncsu

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have tried different locations but it still seems to occur, and always at such a short distance. Wouldn't mind the intereference if I were 50 yards away or something. Any ideas or anything I can do to lessen the interference? Thanks.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:38 PM
MeanMustang

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Are u playing in a built-up area? I used to get a glitch at one particular point when I play on the road outside my house, so I decided to find the root of the problem. I thought it could be one of the neighbours' kids messing with me on the same frequencies (cos I used to do it to them when they wake me early on a Sunday morn). Then I realised it was happening at one particular point. Apparently, its caused by one of those power boxes by the side of the road. I'm not sure if its the same in the US, but in Australia, it could be a switchboard for telephone or cable TV or just about anything. Try a different location (preferably one where there are fewer possible sources of interference) and see if it happens. If it still happens, check your car next. The "noise" created by metal to metal or graphite to graphite links are known causes of interference. I had glitching when the metal rod that pulls the carb open, vibrates at certain rpms so I put on a sheath of heat shrink on that part of the rod.

Its important to get to the root of the problem... Radio interference on the ground can be an annoyance, but in the air, the consequences are unthinkable.