RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Compatible radio with Chinese Dragonfly Helicopter

Old 10-06-2004, 04:16 PM
spenc
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Compatible radio with Chinese Dragonfly Helicopter

Does anyone know of a radio that is compatible with the Chinese Dragonfly 4 Chanel electric helicopter that has been advertised in RCU? I have a helicopter, and I think the transmitter is bad. I went to a well stocked hobby shop and tried 2 different radio systems (pos and neg pulse), and neither would control the helicopter. Any help would be appreciated.
Spence
Old 10-08-2004, 01:38 PM
MeanMustang

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Compatible radio with Chinese Dragonfly Helicopter

U're talking about the FEDA dragonfly right? I have one and I have the cheapest Futaba Skysport radio in it, with a mini receiver. Works fine except that the transmitter I have is aircraft type with the "ratchet feel" throttle stick, if u know what I mean. This is not ideal because the "intervals" or "clicks" prevent smooth and precise throttle control. I was thinking of switching to my Fut 9C transmitter but the receiver I have is not compatible with the freq module on my 9C. I think any 4 channel radio would work well on this heli but if smooth throttle transition is what u prefer, then definitely get one that's designed for heli. These would usually be 5 channel minimum and would have a nice "smooth" feel when u advance the throttle stick.
Old 10-11-2004, 02:45 PM
spenc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I don't think it is the FEDA. There is no brand name on any of the packaging or the helicopter itself, except a couple of Chinese characters. It comes complete with its own radio system. The airborne system consists of a reciever that incorporates the ESCs for the main rotor and tail rotor, and a gyro that holds heading. There are 2 servos that control the swashplate. Because of the way the reciever is made, I can't just replace the reciever, unless I also get 2 ESCs and a gyro. What I want to know is if anyone knows of a radio system whose transmitter will control this reciever.
Thanks, Spence
Old 10-11-2004, 10:49 PM
rob10000

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm also curious about this. A friend has one of these with the same "combined" gyro, ESC, and reciever. We tried swapping the rx crystal to one that matched his Futaba 9C transmitter, and it didn't work. He would love to get rid of the crappy stock transmitter and use the 9C with this heli.. Is it possible???????/
Old 10-13-2004, 01:32 PM
MeanMustang

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Spence, I've included a link to some pics of the FEDA Dragonfly which is also made in China. There are pics of what the box looks like and what the heli looks like inside and out. If its not the same heli that I have, than I won't be able to help much.
http://www.mini-heli.com/pnuke/modul...artid=2&page=1

Rob, if u are referring to the FEDA Dragonfly, it can be done. However, I get the impression that u're talking about the same model as Spence, the one with a combined ESC, receiver, gyro.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:19 AM
HaKK

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi,
I started a similar thread on Rcgroups.com but no luck so far http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289316
I actually would want to get a separate RXto use with the same TX on airplanes, but the answer (if there is any) would solve both of our problems.
HaKK
Old 12-08-2004, 05:42 PM
jh

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hi iam haveing the same problem