Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Radio Choice

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 09:01 PM
srg123cohen
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Choice

Hey im thinking of getting a new radio. I have been currently using a VG6000 which i loved but it dosent have enough memory. I would like a 6-9 channel remote with model naming, at least 8 model memory and preferabbly at least two three postition switches. Any ideas?
Old 10-08-2004, 02:31 AM
hydro_gin

Default RE: Radio Choice

Not sure what your price range is, but since you're already on positive shift, you might like to have a look at the new JR9303. It has 30 model memories, two 3-pos switches, two side levers, assignable switches and levers, a huge LCD display, flight modes, and for sailplane pilots like me, some great programming features. Comes in Air, Sailplane, and Helo versions with type-specific labels and switch/lever names. All 3 versions have the same programming inside. Only in Mode 2 for now, Mode 1 later. After looking at the Evo and other radios, I've decided to buy a 9303. Seems to be some intro offers in the $380-$400 range (Tx only with module). You can take a tour here:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Tours

There's also the new Hitec Optic6 that supports both pos/neg shift and can be used with their Spectra synth module. Its quite a bargain for the money. Only 8 model memories though. Not sure about switches.

http://www.hitecrcd.com/Radios/OPTIC.htm

I'm sure others will throw in some suggestions for you to look at too.

Good luck!

Lance
Old 10-08-2004, 09:27 PM
SLINGSHOT-RCU

Futaba 9c is a real easy radio to program. but you need to find out what your club members are using the most of. That way you will always have help.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:25 PM
srg123cohen
My Feedback: (13)

Where did you see the 9303 for 380$