Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Is there a way to activate expo on 6xa?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Dazzler86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a way to activate expo on 6xa?

HI ,
I own a futaba 6xa.

Even tho it doesnt have expo and also the manual doesnt mention expo at all, I have been told that this Tx also has expodential, its just need to be activated.

Anyone have a clue?
Old 10-09-2004, 08:46 PM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is there a way to activate expo on 6xa?

No, the T6XA doesn't have it. The T6AXS (super) does.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:50 AM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Is there a way to activate expo on 6xa?

Robotech is correct.

This from the FUTABA site:

The 6XA and 6XH transmitters are identical as far as available programming, number of switches, etc. Both radios have all programming for aircraft and helicopters. The only difference is the lack of a ratchet in the throttle stick (the throttle is still sprung).

Please download and follow the 6XA/H Super manual for use with your older 6X radio system:

6XA/H Super manual (1,175K)

On page 45 of the manual, the page references a P-AT menu for adjusting pitch ATV. This is ONLY available on the NON-SUPER version of the radio. The Super version has the ATV for channel 6 (pitch) on the ATV menu.

Please note that the following features do not apply to your 6X radio:

The 6X does not have the dual rate for rudder. It does however keep the option to combine the aileron and elevator dual rates on a single switch, the aileron switch, so the elevator dual rate switch can be used for mixing. The 6XAS manual does not cover rudder dual rate setup, so the only text which is inaccurate for your 6X is (page 25 printed or page 27 PDF) the image for D/R Sw Mode 2 will look exactly like the image for DR Sw Mode 1.

The 6X does not have exponential settings. Please remove this page from the PDF file. (Page 26 printed, page 28 PDF).

The 6X does not have swashplate types and swashplate AFR. Please remove these pages from the PDF (53 and 54, printed, pages 60/61 PDF).

Otherwise these manuals are identical and the Super manual is fine to use for your 6X.