RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9ZAP Questions

Old 10-12-2004, 03:27 AM
Gotta_Fly
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Futaba 9ZAP Questions

Hey Fellows
Instead of making two threads I'll just ask the two different questions on here, first is on my 9Z if you look in the manual you will see that the two toggle switches F and H are also used for Snap rolls, and on the back of the radio there is a switch that makes these two toggle switches change direction, But I have no idea what these switches have to do with a snap roll, are snap rolls supposed to be programmed in your radio a certain way to make the plane inter a snap Roll, I'm really confused about this subject and several other things but I want get into them now, But my other question is I also use a 9C and I will still use it until I have the 9Z down, but what helped me out more then anything for my 9C radio was the book that came out awhile back and its was all about the 9C radio, So I had heard about 8 months ago someone on here telling me that they heard of a 9Z book coming out, has anyone heard of this????? and my last question and this is a matter of opinion I guess but those of you who are using the 9Z for airplane purpose and you consider yourself pretty well knowledgeable about it, If you don't mind I would like to contact you every now and then to ask a question if you don't mind....
Thanks so much guys

Randy
Old 10-12-2004, 07:04 AM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Futaba 9ZAP Questions

Randy,
The snap roll function allows you to program the radio so you can flip the switch and send the plane into a snap roll without use the sticks to give the command.

As far as the book for the 9Z coming out, don't hold your breath. I have been waiting for the book for the last 2.5 years and still he keeps saying he "hopes" to have it out by the summer, then the fall, then the summer again, but when I write and inquire about it he always responds that he is working on it and it should be out soon.

Patrick
Old 10-12-2004, 09:59 AM
japan3d

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

There is a program screen for the snap roll feature. The little buttons on the back allow you to change the direction and either upright or inverted snaps while still airborne. You can also program the retract switch as a safety feature to keep from inadvertently hitting the snap roll switch.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:14 PM
Gotta_Fly

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey Patrick
I understand what your saying about the Snap roll switch, But it may be just me but that just sounds like a wasted feature, the hole fun of snap rolling is feeling it with my sticks and having complete control over it, so I'm not really understanding what type of application you would use this for, and also if you do set the switch up for a snap roll, at the time of switching does the sticks go to neutral while the switch is on?? And last in my last comment is I was wanting to know if there is anyone out there that is using the 9Z and HAS IT pretty much down, if you don't mind I would like to corresponded with you by email every so often with some questions if that's OK?
I have read the 9Z manual several times over and I'm starting to think Futaba made the manual harder then the radio actually is, Cause I'm having some problems with the most simplest things, and I'm not sure if I'm just making this radio harder then it is, or is everybody going through the same stuff after owning one for about 3 months? I guess what irritates me more then anything is I'm using my 9C on my Giant Scale expensive planes and on my small 40/60/120 size planes and electrics I'm using the 9Z, when I want to run it all from my 9Z and use my 9C as a back up. But anyway all you 9Z brains slide me your email address so I can ask a few questions, Thanks a lot guys

Randy
Old 10-14-2004, 08:59 AM
japan3d

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've tried to program the 9CAP that a friend has and the 9Z is so much easier in my opinion. I can try to help you email me at rbombash@jcom.home.ne.jp
Old 10-14-2004, 11:03 AM
BobH

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Here is a web site dedicated to just the 9 Z. You have to join but its painless and free. It's a Yahoo Group and any thing you can think of can be answered there.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/futaba9z/?yguid=59872655