Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Single stick transmitter to work with flight sim

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 12:53 AM
jaimicook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single stick transmitter to work with flight sim

Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction on this. My father-in-law, an RC flier for many years has had a stroke and has lost use if his left hand. I found a Futaba 8SSAP single stick system for him to use. I modified the throttle to operate with a pneumatic squease bulb with his right foot. The Futaba 8SSAP transmitter buddy connection won't work with the great planes flight sim. The 8SSAP is PCM and the Great Planes Flight sim requires a PPM transmitter, according to the help files. I am looking for a single stick transmitter which is PPM and has the standard DIN 6 pin connector for the buddy box. It doesn't matter if the transmitter is an old wide band unit, as long as it functions. I'll connect the transmitter output to a dummy load so that no signal is sent. This will be used only for a sim controller. Cost would definately be a factor. If anyone has any ideas, please contact me at [email protected]. He would really love to get back to 4 channel airplanes. thanks in advance.
Jim Cook [email protected]