Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9z Wcii

Old 08-13-2002, 04:42 PM
azhar
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9z Wcii

Hi All,

I just got this radio and am a little overwhelmed by programmability of it. I have a few questions and hope someone can give me a quick way to set it up and go fly. it will take a while to really understand the radio.

1) How do you quickly set up the flight conditions to have 3 diffrent rates at a flick of a switch?

2) How do I set up the Ultrastick with this radio?

3) How do get the Exp to be at different rates at different conditions?

4) Is there a better manual out there? The current one should be placed in the trash ( I think).

Appreciate any help here. Thanks.

Azhar
Old 08-13-2002, 05:53 PM
rpsmithii

Default 9z Wcii

Hi have this radio - in the futaba FAQ on their site - they have a section on setting up an ultra stick (8 channel aerobat I believe)

Condiditons set up:

program radio the way you like it except for throws - then copy the default condidition to two more condidtyions and assign them to various swtiched - go into that condiditon and change what you want - pretty simple.

Also, there is a new users guide on the futabe site too.

Finally and frankly - I have this radio and the 8U and I have swapped back to the 8U. The 8U is lighter, battery lasts longer, and does everything I need - most complicated is the ultrastick 8 servo set-up.

Got the 9z for the synth capabilities in addtion to everything else and I am finding I have *never* had a conflict up at the field on channel.

Just my 2 cents - The 9C is proably perfect for me
Old 08-13-2002, 07:06 PM
azhar

Default 9z Wcii

Thanks Bob,

I will try thtat. How about setting up the Ultrastick?

Azhar
Old 08-15-2002, 11:44 AM
rpsmithii

Default 9z Wcii

Ultrastick is covered in the "setting up a 8 servo aerobat" faq on the futaba site.

Frankly - I have my 9Z and 8U set up for my ultra stick - on the 8U I'm using the US manual directions which calls for using a glider profile and for the 9Z I'm using the airplane profile as specified in the FAQ - a few minor differences between the two. Over all the 8U set up much much easier - I ended up using my throw meter quite a bit on the 9Z set up because for some reason the flap servose did not throw the same (20% off). On the 8U they were dead on. I inquired about this but was told it must have been servo problems. DIdn't pursue.
Old 08-15-2002, 03:28 PM
azhar

Default 9z Wcii

Thanks Bob,

I will be trying that setup today with the US. I finally got the conditions thing right for my CAP. Will let you know if I have the same problem as you.

Azhar
Old 08-16-2002, 04:25 AM
azhar

Default 9z Wcii

Hey Bob,

I tried FAQ but figured it was a lot easier using the glider mode. It was pretty easy and more intuitive. This way I can use 1-7 instead of leaving 5 blank. Works great. I am going to try and set conditons this time and see how it works out.

Azhar