Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Transmitter Problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 01:26 PM
t1nk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmitter Problems!!!

My aileron stick keeps getting stuck!!! I had just gotten my avistar up in the air when i noticed the aileron stick on my Skysport 6 was getting stuck in both the right and left positions. I brought her down and took a look at it when i home. I took the back off and i can't seem to understand why it keeps getting stuck. It doesn't feel like its the springs (and they look fine), it feels like one of the moving parts is rubbing against a stationary part? Anyone have any encounters with this, or any suggestions!? (I don't believe it is under warranty.) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:49 PM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Transmitter Problems!!!

Hi!
Just remove the lid and have a look at the sticks from behind...easy too do!
Regards!
Jan K
Old 10-29-2004, 01:55 PM
t1nk

Well, i did remove the back and i took a look at them from behind, but i can't place where they are rubbing. This is so fRuStRaTiNg !!!!! 1....2....3.....4....5.... []
Old 10-29-2004, 02:29 PM
bbbair

It's always possible that the panels that hold the sticks in place have been tightened down too much, and are binding the sticks... can you back off the retaining screws 1/4 turn?
Old 10-29-2004, 03:48 PM
TimC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go down to Radio Shack and get some lubricating tuner cleaner and give them a good shot. Wipe off the excess and wiggle the sticks around. I've cured the same problem like this.
Old 10-29-2004, 04:57 PM
t1nk

bbbair - Which screws are u referring to? I have fiddled with the screws that add/lessen the spring tension, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'll keep at it though.

TimC - I have some keyboard cleaner that is supposedly safe for use on electrical parts. You think that would do the trick? I'f not ill check out the mall down here and see if they have a radio shack.

Thanks, both of ya'll. I'll keep working on it.
Old 10-29-2004, 05:07 PM
TimC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think keyboard cleaner without any lube qualities would work too good. Armor All on a q-tip rubbed on the ball part of the gimble should work. Just don't let any run down inside the radio.
Old 10-29-2004, 05:18 PM
t1nk

We'll, i called a friend and i dropped the radio off at his house. He said he would take a looked at it (He is much better at this than me. ;D) I guess i'll just have to wait and see what he says.