Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Does the Futaba 9152 servo have a standard output shaft?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Does the Futaba 9152 servo have a standard output shaft?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 11:24 PM
Ken Bryant
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Does the Futaba 9152 servo have a standard output shaft?

I am looking at using a Futaba 9152 on my rudder on my 1/4 scale and I need to know what the output shaft size is. Is it a normal Futaba or is it their oversized shaft?
Old 11-03-2004, 02:33 PM
Krysta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Does the Futaba 9152 servo have a standard output shaft?

Hi Furyicon,

Yes the S9152 and S9153 servos have a larger than normal output shaft and so require FUTM2042 servo horns.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Old 11-04-2004, 08:26 AM
Ken Bryant
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks,

Does anyone know if any companies make aluminum 3" (1.5" on each side) horns for this size output shaft?
Old 11-04-2004, 11:02 AM
RightThrust
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Furyicon

Thanks,

Does anyone know if any companies make aluminum 3" (1.5" on each side) horns for this size output shaft?

Either use the stock 4 point arm that comes with the servo (wider than 3" on the last hole but I remember one of the holes being almost exactly 1.5" each.) or you can use [link=http://www.sure-link.com]Sure-Link[/link] arms, you will have to send him your stock wheels that come on the servo and he will jig drill them and mill them to fit his arms. If you want to cheapest route, just use the stock plastic arm, it's PLENTY strong enough for your 1/4 Cap. I'm using the plastic arms on my 40% with no problems what-so-ever, but will soon put the sure-links on there once i can get the wheels sent off. Hope this helps.

-Kelly Gerber
Old 11-12-2004, 04:11 PM
WycheG
My Feedback: (4)

Air Wild's got some of their MLP servo horns now available for the 9152's larger splines. I called them and placed some on advance order. The plastic horns the 9152's come with look pretty beefy and I am sure they are certainly up to the job, but now that I can get metal horns I'm all over that. I forget when AirWild said they will have the MLB horns for the 9152 in stock (wanna say mid-November but don't quote me) but if you call them they'll tell you.