Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Micro Receivers & Futaba 6exa

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 08:06 PM
mtomas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro Receivers & Futaba 6exa

I am looking for a decent micro receiver to throw in a Shock Flyer. I am currently using a Futaba 6EXA TX on channel 11. I am considering the GWS Pico 4ch Rx and the GreatPlanes Electrify 4ch FM Rx. Will both of these receivers work with my 6EXA?

Also, I don't really understand the single conversion vs dual conversion thing. I know the receivers I have been using with my nitro planes are dual conversion. Does this mean the radio crystal also broadcasts in dual conversion? Or does dual vs single conversion only apply to how a receiver decodes instruction?

I know the gp electrify receiver is single conversion, but I can't find anything on the GWS receiver. Is it dual conversion? Also, will either of these receivers have any problems with channel 11? (i have read some tech notes on futaba micro receivers stating that nothing under channel 16 should be used - not exactly sure why).

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I apologize for all the silly questions
Old 11-07-2004, 10:51 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Micro Receivers & Futaba 6exa

I have the 6EXA and use a Hitech Electron 6 receiver in my Shockflier. Works great.
Old 11-08-2004, 01:06 AM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Micro Receivers & Futaba 6exa

ORIGINAL: mtomas

Will both of these receivers work with my 6EXA?

Does dual vs single conversion only apply to how a receiver decodes instruction?

GWS receiver. Is it dual conversion?.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I apologize for all the silly questions
As long as the Rx is compatible with your Tx (buy a Rx that works with the Futaba) and is on the same channel as your Tx, it should work. I have a futaba Skysport and use it with both GWS Rx's and a Berg Stamp 4. The GWS Rx is single conversion. Can't comment on the channel 11 things....

The Tx will work with both a single and a double conversion Rx. Single or double is just the method it decodes the signal. Not all single conversion works the same either. Some more expensive single conversion Rx's use digital signal processing to filter the signal. Some single conversion Rx's are also full range, unlike the cheaper GWS Rx's.