Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servo Pins and Connectors ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 04:34 PM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Pins and Connectors ???

OK, I have been in the manufacturing business for years and years.. and have used millions of different pins and sockets... The most expensive ones in the world appear to be the ones used on our servos and connectors!

4 connectors / pins cost $9 at most hobby distributors and they make it sound like a good deal!! ... so basically if you want to make your own extensions, etc, you pay as much or more than pre-made ones. RIPOFF. There is no way anyone can tell me these pins cost this much and you can bet the real cost is in pennies or maybe even fractions of pennies. Molex type connectors and pins are DIRT CHEAP, even gold plated - so why are we getting greased so much for them?

Does anyone know where you can buy the shells and pins / sockets or have a part number, etc? I am getting sick and tired of spending $40 per plane just to make up extensions!!

At the current price, they cost more than many of the mil grade gold plated pins used on Avionics equipment... robbery!

Has anyone found a source OUTSIDE the hobby industry?? I am interested... even if I have to buy 1000's of them to get a good price!!

DP
Old 11-10-2004, 07:42 PM
jfangohr

Default RE: Servo Pins and Connectors ???

DP,

Someone asked this very question on another forum some time ago and the answer sent them here:

http://www.newark.com/

Even if they don't have the exact connectors you need the site has connector kits (pliers, terminals, connectors, etc) that you could use for extension leads that would be better than what we currently use (connectors with real locking clips and terminals that would carry more current). They have enough types that you could spend hours looking at them all. I'll bet you find something useful.

John F.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:46 PM
TampaRCGuy
My Feedback: (282)

Go to www.rcaccessory.com They are listed in the MAKE YOUR OWN EXTENSIONS section.

I stock these and sell quite a few. I do advertise these on RCU as well. These are gold plated, very high quality. I have the for Futaba and JR, male and females. They are also much less expensive than other places sell them for. Any questions, just email me. [email protected]
Old 11-10-2004, 08:49 PM
DrFun
My Feedback: (4)

DP,

If you find one I would like to get also, I feel like an idiot to pay $5-8 for a foot of cable with two connectors, I asked the same question a year ago and was pointed to radical-rc. but still hobby prices.

If you get 1000 or 10000 and want to share the cost I am in.

One thing similiar to this is you buy a printer for $30 and have to pay $15 for usb cable.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:04 PM
BillS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DP,

I searched diligently for a source of supply over ten years ago but was unsuccessful. The small cable shops that show up at a larger fly in have discovered where to purchase.

Meanwhile the following address has reasonable prices on cables. After looking over the first shipment received today the quality appears to be good. More will be known after a few have been dismantled.
http://www.balsapr.com/catalog/radioAcc/JRWire.asp

If you find a source for pins/sockets you can count on me to share in the cost.

Bill