Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba/JR cable adapters

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 03:53 AM
AbuAnas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba/JR cable adapters

Hi

Are there any adapters cable to connect Futaba servos to JR Rx??
I tried trimming the leads but they would be hard to pull off! specially for the wing mounted servos since the wing is removable

Regards
Old 11-18-2004, 04:41 PM
Salty25
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Futaba/JR cable adapters

Are Futaba servos compatible to JR? I thought they were different shifts.
Old 11-18-2004, 05:31 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Servos can be run from any RX..Im using Jr8611's with a Futaba 9ch RX...The Futaba's have a tab on them where the JR/Hitecs dont..I THINK that guys will trim the tab off the Futaba's to work with JR Rx's but Im not 100% sure of that..I know that when plugging the Jr's into my Futaba RX they can be plugged in either way BUT will only work if plugged in the correct way..Man that sounds confusing[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 11-18-2004, 05:41 PM
BillS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a 45-degree bevel on two outside corners of the JR male connector. I cut the bevel with a file and it fits better.

Somewhere along the way I ran into male ends that were .005 thicker than normal. I filed them to a thinner size but they never did fit very well.

Bill
Old 11-20-2004, 03:19 AM
AbuAnas

Hi,

Redrum, I know there is two way compatibilty between servos and rx's, but the issu here is that Futaba servos connectors have a small tab which won't fit into the JR Rx. Trimming them will make a tight fit and its difficult if not impossible to unplug the servos
Old 11-20-2004, 06:40 AM
BillS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To my knowledge there are no Futaba/JR adaptors. There are several solutions to the tight fit but all involve cutting or soldering.

You could solder a Futaba end on the JR servo lead coming from the RX and the connector pair would then be Futaba/Futaba for wing disconnect.

You could solder a JR end on the servo lead and the connector pair would be JR/JR for the wing disconnect.

You could modify a Futaba servo extension at the RX, which would only be plugged once and therefore not as critical. Then the wing disconnect would be Futaba/Futaba.

At least three differences exist between Futaba and JR connectors. Once the tab is cut the Futaba connector is still too wide by .012” (about the thickness of three sheets of copy paper). Two 45-degree bevels also exist on the JR female. For a non-interference fit (a smooth fit) the width and the two bevels must be fixed. Although the width might be shaved with a hobby knife a small flat die file is what I use. Also a small wooden fixture was made to hold the connector while the bevel is being filed.

It is tedious but Futaba connectors can be cut and filed for a good fit in a JR female connector.

Bill
Old 11-20-2004, 07:05 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Abu, you can get it from Dave Thacker http://radicalrc.secure-mall.com/sho...riteria=&rec=0

Scroll below to Universal HiTec/JR to Futaba J

Hope this is what you need.