Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

How much current will a rx power bus handle? I want to put in all digitals....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

How much current will a rx power bus handle? I want to put in all digitals....

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 08:31 PM
edge_fanatic
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much current will a rx power bus handle? I want to put in all digitals....

The title says it all.

Can I put six hi-torque digital servos (hs-5945's, for example) on the rx bus? I would agree that a problem might exist if they all moved at the same time all of the time, but this isn't how a real system operates.
Old 08-21-2002, 05:29 AM
EloyM
My Feedback: (194)

Default How much current will a rx power bus handle? I want to put in all digitals....

I have tested this in a receiver (Airtronics) with 8 amps for five minutes - the lands did not even get warm. A complete discussion including a fix for those that are still concerned is in my column in High Flight magazine, summer 2002 issue.
We hear about this, but I have never heard of anyone that actually had, or knew of anyone, that had burned the power lands!
Old 08-21-2002, 04:04 PM
brittain

Thanks EloyM for your reply. I knew that I had read this somewhere, but with 6 different model mags coming to the house, I never can remember where I read anything.
Old 08-21-2002, 06:35 PM
edge_fanatic
My Feedback: (4)

Default totally cool...(excuse the pun)

I appreciate the notes. I guess the place to worry the most about is the wire coming from and leading to the power switch.

Gracias!

Sean