Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

What to do if you break your rx antenna?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2002, 05:00 PM
nick.wright
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do if you break your rx antenna?

Had the antenna to my Airtronics receiver break when my combat airplane went in. I soldered it back together, but I still don't trust it. I noticed that Futaba makes replacement antennas and no one else does. Would a Futaba antenna work on an Airtronics receiver? Could I replace the antenna with plain old wire thats hanging around?
Old 08-22-2002, 06:21 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default What to do if you break your rx antenna?

You can get antenna replacements at most hobby shops; also from FMA over the net. Any multistrand flexable wire will work, just cut it to 39 inch length (I have seen some that come as long as 41 inches) but most are 39. An inch or two in either direction will not make a measureable difference. It is not difficult to solder it onto the receiver printed circuit board; just be careful to not let any solder bridge to another trace.
Old 08-22-2002, 08:45 PM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I agree

Try to keep it as close to the original length as possible if you know what that was and do a range check. If that seems OK,you're in. I've seen antennas soldered at the break and not at the board that still worked OK. Do the range check_bob