Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

need advice concerning pcm

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 05:53 PM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need advice concerning pcm

I'm planning on having my Hitec e-clipse 7's tuned in the next few weeks and was considering on paying the upgrade fee to make them PCM. My question is, Do the non PCM receivers work ok with PCM TX? I have several planes and don't want to change out the rx on my current units, I just want to go to pcm on some gas units I plan to build this summer.

Thanks for any advice you have to offer.

Bill
Old 12-09-2004, 06:14 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: need advice concerning pcm

Yes most Eclipse 7's will operate both FM(PPM) and the Hitec SPCM Rx's. You just program the modulation type into the Tx for that model. The reason I say most is the very first Eclipse's would only function with FM Rx's unless modified. Remember It will only function with the Hitec SPCM Rx and not the older Hitec PCM Rx's. There is no interbrand compatability with PCM systems regardless of brand this appliys to all brands.

John
Old 12-10-2004, 07:53 AM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

depending on how much the upgrade and compatible receivers cost you might be better off trying one of the new "smart" PPM receivers with failsafe and other features. berg, multiplex and FMA all sell these types of receivers and sombra labs is supposed to have a synthesized one that supports all channels on 50, 72 and 75 mhz but not sure if it has failsafe capabilities.

i have been using the FMA FS8 for a while now on everything from 1/2A to gassers and it is VERY, VERY, VERY nice

dave
Old 12-10-2004, 09:54 AM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks John and Dave

Hitec will upgrade my Tx for $25 U.S. when they tune it. I Plan to tune all of Tx's every two years just as a preventive maintenance policy. I felt for the price and since I'm now getting into more expensive planes it would be worth it if my older planes will stiil work.

Bill