Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

VG6000 vs Optic 6 vs Fut 6EXA

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 10:11 AM
SwampFlier-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VG6000 vs Optic 6 vs Fut 6EXA

Hi Gents:
I am looking for the best middle level 6 channel radio for a friend. he is ready to jump into the computer age but he is a budget-conscious consumer as well as an sport flyer. He plans to include some features in future planes such as smoke, or drop mechanism or a camera in .40 to .60 planes; will not go into larger or more involved planes. So please do not go with the "only for $XXX more you can get a 9CAP" frame of mind.

So with those premises which of the above mentioned (or other radios in that range (around US$200 range) including servos would you recommend?

Thanks in advance

edited for typos[:'(]
Old 12-07-2004, 03:01 PM
JasonWilliam

Default RE: VG6000 vs Optic 6 vs Fut 6EXA

Wellll since you asked.... not to come off too transparent, but... I've got a 6EXA up on eBay right now. I'm also selling the matching receiver. You'd need to pick up your own servos, but I don't think you'll have any problem with that. These are both brand new. I exchanged them at my LHS for a defective pair. They grabbed a new one off the shelf, and took these right out of the box.

Good luck to your friend, no matter what he/she chooses!

Edit: I can't get the link to work. Do a search on eBay for "New Futaba 6EXA Transmitter Tx Radio RC Ch 34".
Old 12-07-2004, 04:10 PM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would put the Optic 6 more on a par with the 7CAP as far as features. I believe it has much more to offer than the other two radios. More mixes and model memories.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:02 AM
SwampFlier-RCU

HMMM... no takers... I guess i am stooping below the range allowed in this board