RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba T6XAs and R149DP COMPATIBLE?

Old 12-11-2004, 08:30 PM
parkavenue
My Feedback: (261)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Futaba T6XAs and R149DP COMPATIBLE?

I am in the processing of helping a deceased modeler's family dispose of his aircraft items. As a result of his untimely death, things are very disorganized. The problem: I have a Futaba T6XA (S) PCM 1024 CH 36 radio system with the original receiver missing. One of the airplanes has a Futaba R149DP PCM1024 CH 60 receiver. I can NOT get the xmit work with the receiver. Both the xmit and rec are high band so this should not be the problem. Is there something to activate in the xmit for the PCM receiver? I can change crystals on the Xmit and use one of the other receivers to verify a working xmit. The receiver should work - it was in his current flying model. ANY SUGGESTIONS would be appreciated. This post has been posted in the Futaba support forum.
Old 12-11-2004, 08:55 PM
parkavenue

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Futaba T6XAs and R149DP COMPATIBLE?

NEW UPDATE. The xmit is set to PPM and maybe this is my problem. Following the manual, I should be able to select the MOD function using the mode keys. BUT, I can NOT get to the MOD function. Yes, this xmit is supposed to be switchable.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:07 PM
okw

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm assuming that you've changed the receiver crystal to ch 36 to match the Tx (just wanted to get that question out of the way first ). When you turn on the T6XAs, the display should show PCM in a small box near the center of the display. If you see PPM instead, you need to change the mode to get it to work with the 149DP.

To change the mode, press the 2 mode (menu) keys at the same time to enter program mode. Then press one of the mode keys until the display reads PARA. Next, press the cursor key until you see MOD displayed. A flashing "P" beside MOD indicates the Tx is in PPM mode; a flashing "C" is for PCM mode. To change from PPM to PCM, press the + data input key. The flashing "P" will change to "C". Finally, press the 2 mode keys at the same time to exit program mode and then turn the transmitter power off and back on again. You must cycle the Tx power before the mode will change.

You should then be able to get the 149DP working ... at least the first 6 channels, anyway.

Hope this helps,
Keith
Old 12-11-2004, 09:37 PM
parkavenue

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Keith, THANKS for the input. Yes, I installed CH 36 crystals - thanks for asking, it is easy to overlook the simple. I think you are correct that I need to change from PPM to PCM. I following the manual BUT it did not take me to PARA. I will follow your insructions later this evening after dinner. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! Richard
Old 12-11-2004, 10:50 PM
okw

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

That should work, Richard. I had my 6XAs sitting beside the keyboard and was pushing the buttons as I typed to make sure I got it right. My memory is not what it used to be.

Good luck in what must be a difficult time. It is always a sad occasion when a fellow modeler passes.
Keith
Old 12-11-2004, 11:02 PM
parkavenue

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Keith,

The problem is RESOLVED! The manual did NOT specify going through the PARA function to change MOD. Once I changed to PCM, the system works perfectly. THANK YOU, THANK YOU
Old 12-12-2004, 11:26 AM
okw

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey Richard; glad to be of assistance. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Keith