Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 9303 Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 10:20 PM
GJr.
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 9303 Transmitter

Has anybody looked into the feasibility of modifying the new JR 9303 TX to allow it to transmit in JR 'Z'PCM (512) mode ? The European and Asian versions of the JR 9X and JR 9XII as well as the German Graupner MX-22 allow all three modes, "Z", "S", and PPM.
Also, has anybody found out how to access the full twelve(12)channel capability of this transmitter instead of just the nine(9) they currently show? Again, the Graupner MX-22 has twelve(12) channels plus a "Help" feature in the programming.
I wish they had included a rotary knob control and angled antenna base. I am trying to figure out from the manual exactly what you can use the 3 position aux. digital trim switches if not used for flap trim, etc. They seem to be of limited use, where a knob or another 3 position switch would be more functional. Heck, some type of 4 position switch that could be used in conjunction with a JR Channel Expander would be nice.
Just curious.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:15 AM
MO_Radio_Tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR 9303 Transmitter

My understanding is that the Graupner version shares the same external hardware, with the 9X/9303, but its computer is totally different.

I have no idea about ZPCM. I doubt JR will ever tell us how to do it.

If I had access to an "expendable" 9303 I might be able to figure it out, but it is easy to destroy cpu's experimenting with jumper configurations. I fiddled around with the jumpers on a damged manual trim 8103 and got the mode selectable feature working. Right before it died the the rest of the way!!! It was a waste of time.

You can't get new ZPCM receivers anyway. I have crashed most of my old ZPCM receviers enough times they had to be retired!!!

Good luck!