Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

OLD TX BATTERY CONVERSION

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 11:10 AM
tucker1865
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OLD TX BATTERY CONVERSION

How do you convert an transmitter battery (old plug in type NT-8LP) to one with a standard Futaba connector. I don't trust the plug in connector method. Yes the radio is gold stickered. Thanks
Old 12-16-2004, 10:51 PM
ghendrix01
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: OLD TX BATTERY CONVERSION

I converted all my Futaba transmitters that used this battery by soldering leads with a male Futaba servo connector to the transmitter and then soldered leads with a female Futaba servo connector to the battery.
I used a heavy duty servo extension to make these leads. You will need some soldering ability and have to disassemble the transmitter to solder the leads to either the battery leads (be sure to insulate) after removing them from the old connector, or better yet, solder it directy to the pc board.
You can solder the leads for the battery directly to the contacts on the battery, although I was replacing all my batteries at the same time, so I soldered the leads to the tabs on the battery and removed the contacts so the leads could exit the battery thru the holes for the contacts. I hope you understand.
If you are replacing the battery and do not want to build one yourself, you can then use the Futaba battery no. NT8GC as it has the Futaba female servo connector.

George
Old 12-17-2004, 02:39 AM
Lynx

Double check (on a multi meter preferably) when you do it, just to make sure you get the polarity right, it's quick simple and will prevent smoking your xmitter.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:40 PM
tucker1865
My Feedback: (6)

George...I'd like to make my own battery packs but after a lot of research I still don't understand how or where the wires should be soldered. Can you explain or give me a diagram of how to make a transmitter pack. ..............Lynx...I have no clue what you are trying to tell me. I barely know a battery pack from a banjo. Banjo is the one with the strings right. Dave